Megan and RJ revisit your old Required Reading list, this time with cool facts and trivia, bad impressions, some surprisingly sexy plot summaries, and plenty of jokes to make you blush. Let’s ruin some literary classics together. New episodes every other Thursday.
- Warning: Episode contains spoilers for the film version of A Wrinkle in Time! Crack open your guide to interdimensional travel because we’re about to wrinkle some time! Join us and our friend Scott for a magical story of quantum mechanics, pulsating brains, and incompetent dads as we learn how pubescent girl-rage can save the day. …Read More »
- Get ready for some nougat-y goodness with The Three Musketeers, a novel less about swashbuckling and more about extra-marital cross-kingdom hookups, horse-shaming, and that famous Musketeer slogan: “Well, if it pisses off the Cardinal then I guess it’s okay.” Alexandre Dumas outsources his book-writing to make more time for lovin’, Megan laments a severe lack …Read More »
- British boys get stranded on a tropical island, and you won’t BELIEVE what happens next! …They get naked and try to murder each other. It’s Lord of the Flies, a book written out of spite for a different book written 100 years earlier. We look at provocative shell art, learn why choir boys are the …Read More »
- You guys, this show is a whole year old! In celebration, we bring you, from the depths of Shakespearean obscurity: Titus Andronicus, the play that asks “What if Shakespeare was possessed by Eli Roth and then wrote a play?” and “Can you do a Michael Caine impression without a tongue?” and also “Are goth kids …Read More »
- They say it’s a sin to kill a mockingbird, so we get to sinning with Harper Lee’s immortal required reading classic. Learn how Lee plagiarized her own life, why Atticus Finch needs to sharpen his lawyer skills, and how all problems can be solved by punching and/or kicking. Megan chronicles the thrilling exploits of a …Read More »