Megan and RJ revisit your old Required Reading list, this time with cool facts and trivia, bad impressions, some surprisingly sexy plot summaries, and plenty of jokes to make you blush. Let’s ruin some literary classics together. New episodes every other Thursday.
- Join Megan, RJ, and Jared as we round out our journey through the Cthulhu-verse with The Shadow over Innsmouth, a tale of cursed villages, dark secrets, and mega-horny immortal fish people. Also discussed: Why good Lovecraft movies are hard to find, the difficulties of separating a pretty thoroughly racist man from the massive impact he’s …Read More »
- In this episode, Megan and RJ open up their feeble brain meats to the untold cosmic horrors of H.P. Lovecraft! With special guest and Old God aficionado, Jared aka Best Day, we heed the haunting, squishy call of Cthulhu and prepare for…Unnecessarily Complicated Language! Old-Timey Racism! Guys With Three Names! And So Many Narrative Framing …Read More »
- In this free teaser of Study Breaks to come, ON!LC guest alum Monique McIntosh returns to teach Megan about a popular, unsurprisingly racist term used in classic horror fiction. We also cover zombie goats, the unfathomable terrors of both the alphabet and the ocean, and why sexual attraction to lions with ’90s boy band hair …Read More »
- We’re inside, we’re outside, we’re every which way but the general direction of S.E. Hinton’s twitter as we tackle her classic teen coming-of-age novel, The Outsiders. Which isn’t gay. At all. What would even make you think that? Experience increasingly outlandish acronyms, the importance of both greasy hair and a good cry, and deeply ironic …Read More »
- Get ready for THE DRAMA as Megan and RJ journey to ghostly moors of Wuthering Heights! Learn why everyone who thinks this is a romantic love story is both Wrong and Bad, why you should avoid graveyard-adjacent drinking water, and how Gothic antihero Heathcliff and Rocky Balboa are basically the same guy. RJ continues his …Read More »