Megan and RJ revisit your old Required Reading list, this time with cool facts and trivia, bad impressions, some surprisingly sexy plot summaries, and plenty of jokes to make you blush. Let’s ruin some literary classics together. New episodes every other Thursday.
- RJ takes the wheel to teach us a thing about John Donne: Reverend, husband, and mega-horny poet. Enjoy the tonal whiplash as we rocket between poems about doing it, poems about how everyone he loved is dead, and more poems about doing it. Megan crafts some fanfiction, Financin’ with RJ branches out, and we learn …Read More »
- This week, we head to Africa, not to bless the rains but to contend with Joseph Conrad’s novel Heart of Darkness. Megan is filled to the brim with salt while RJ tries to rack up a high score playing Devil’s Advocate. Join us as we discuss racism, imperialism, and the alleged contents of John Wayne’s …Read More »
- Warning: Episode contains spoilers for the film version of A Wrinkle in Time! Crack open your guide to interdimensional travel because we’re about to wrinkle some time! Join us and our friend Scott for a magical story of quantum mechanics, pulsating brains, and incompetent dads as we learn how pubescent girl-rage can save the day. …Read More »
- Get ready for some nougat-y goodness with The Three Musketeers, a novel less about swashbuckling and more about extra-marital cross-kingdom hookups, horse-shaming, and that famous Musketeer slogan: “Well, if it pisses off the Cardinal then I guess it’s okay.” Alexandre Dumas outsources his book-writing to make more time for lovin’, Megan laments a severe lack …Read More »
- British boys get stranded on a tropical island, and you won’t BELIEVE what happens next! …They get naked and try to murder each other. It’s Lord of the Flies, a book written out of spite for a different book written 100 years earlier. We look at provocative shell art, learn why choir boys are the …Read More »